Do you have the courage to risk loving yourself – even when you might encounter your children’s uncaring behavior?
Most of us really don’t like it when someone is angry with us. We don’t like it when someone goes into resistance to helping us when we need help, instead of caring about us. We . . . → Read More: Do You Have The Courage to Be a Loving Parent?
Do you hit your children? If you want to raise healthy children, reading this article is a must. . . . → Read More: Finally! Studies Prove That Spanking Doesn’t Work
What is loving to yourself and others is not always clear. This article presents some important questions to consider. . . . → Read More: Can You Love Others?
“Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself. They came through you but not from you and though they are with you yet they belong not to you.”
— Kahlil Gibran
- Your children’s good or difficult behavior and successful or unsuccessful achievements define your worth.
- Your children are the center of your life – your purpose in life.
- Your focus is on taking care of your children rather than taking care yourself.
- Your happiness or pain is determined by your children.
- You are invasive – you need to know everything about what your children think and do.
If you identify with one or more of these symptoms, you might be enmeshed with your children.
Consequences for your children of you being enmeshed with them: Continue reading Enmeshed Parenting