Discover the way out of choosing the wrong relationships over and over.
Do you find yourself choosing a similar wrong partner over and over? This is what Laura asks about:
“How can I get past the point of choosing destructive and abusive relationships over and over just because I grew up in an abusive and dysfunctional family? Is it better to just remain single and grow with God and be a good mom and not gravitate toward craziness?”
Laura, there are a number of issues here that need to be addressed. Continue reading “I Keep Choosing The Wrong Partner”
Do you hit your children? If you want to raise healthy children, reading this article is a must. . . . → Read More: Finally! Studies Prove That Spanking Doesn’t Work
What is loving to yourself and others is not always clear. This article presents some important questions to consider. . . . → Read More: Can You Love Others?
“Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself. They came through you but not from you and though they are with you yet they belong not to you.”
– Kahlil Gibran
- Your children’s good or difficult behavior and successful or unsuccessful achievements define your worth.
- Your children are the center of your life – your purpose in life.
- Your focus is on taking care of your children rather than taking care yourself.
- Your happiness or pain is determined by your children.
- You are invasive – you need to know everything about what your children think and do.
If you identify with one or more of these symptoms, you might be enmeshed with your children.
Consequences for your children of you being enmeshed with them: Continue reading Enmeshed Parenting